• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SEIDIO - Liar, Liar, Your Pants Are On Fire...

Case number issued to the e-mail - but no real human response to the e-mails yet.

Just after I posted the above, I Received an e-mail from Order@SEIDIO.com and it almost looks like it was a person that wrote it - but its very - very form reading...

+1

I sent an email to them asking for clarification on this matter; assigned a case number.

Right now I am on a chat with them asking for clarification.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with my results. I'd like to think I don't want to put too much effort into this.

But then again, I could have saved $30 if I knew it wasn't actually 1750 and I don't like to feel violated as GMB put it. lol. I usually retaliate when violated.

If it was advertised as 1530 mah, I'd be fine.

But I took a few ethics courses in college and purchase medical equipment for a living.

Thus, it hits home when companies pull fast ones and I usually won't just let it go.

Upvote 0
Guys, Better Business Bureau is worthless. Its not a Government agency nor does it have any power to do anything. The BBB is nothing but a pay into club businesses can sign up for so they can claim to be part of something that people believe has credibility. Calling the BBB is like calling AAA on a bad driver that just cut you off. Why business still buy into the BBB crap is beyond me.

Sad to hear about the battery though. I was planning to buy one next week. Going to have to sit this one out and see where it goes. Good luck guys.

Upvote 0
Guys, Better Business Bureau is worthless. Its not a Government agency nor does it have any power to do anything. The BBB is nothing but a pay into club businesses can sign up for so they can claim to be part of something that people believe has credibility. Calling the BBB is like calling AAA on a bad driver that just cut you off. Why business still buy into the BBB crap is beyond me.

Sad to hear about the battery though. I was planning to buy one next week. Going to have to sit this one out and see where it goes. Good luck guys.

The BBB is still useful for those that actually look at the company's rating, not just the BBB icon the company posts on their site. From my experience w/ the BBB, complaints must be responded to in a timely manner. You can see how many complaints that company has had, the resolutions that occurred, and the amount of satisfactory resolutions the company has.

Upvote 0

Well, for whatever it's worth,
Seidio has an F.

Seidio, Inc Review - LAYOUTS OFFICE FACTORY in Houston, TX - BBB Reliability Report - BBB serving Greater Houston and South Texas

Seidio, Inc. 10415 Westpark Dr., Suite B Houston, TX 77042
TEL: (832) 204-1118
FAX: (713) 361-1302
Principal: Lucy Wang, Office Manager

Upvote 0
I've posted about this in my thread here: http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/89582-htc-1500mah-seidio-1750mah.html

I've always enjoyed Seidio with my BBs, and never had an issue with them. Maybe I was duped then, but this time around I found the 1500mAH battery to be better than Seidio's 1750mAH.

Am I suprised, yes and no. I knew something was up with the battery, I just can't believe they would falsely advertise 1750mAH out of a 1500mAH cell.

Also, I haven't heard diddly squat from SeidioSeidio on this forum in weeks, same with emails. Something's fishy. OP, post this on AndroidCentral, as I hope this makes front page status.

Upvote 0
After a little more research, I see 1600 mah, 2400 mah, and 3000 mah batteries with this code - so what does this code really mean?:

Us454261 A8t - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Clearly, it means seidio is the manufacturer of those too... :p

In all seriousness, none of us know what any of this means. While I have never owned a seidio product, and thus have absolutely no reason to stick up for them (I actually was displeased with customer service once so chose not to order from them), it is unfair to title a thread like this so accusingly before seidio has had the opportunity to respond. If they did in fact falsely advertise the capacity of the battery, then they deserve whatever they have coming.

I don't plan on picking up the extended battery from seidio, but definitely am interested to see how this plays out. I was still debating one of their innocases, but out of principle, if this turns out to be true, I won't order anything from them.

Upvote 0
After a little more research, I see 1600 mah, 2400 mah, and 3000 mah batteries with this code - so what does this code really mean?:

Us454261 A8t - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Could it mean that some people owe Seidio an apology? In the business world, slandering the name of a company based on false information is about as bad as it gets. I'm not saying this is what is going on, there very well may be an issue with this battery being rated higher higher mah than it actually is, but it sounds like there is more research that needs to be made before people jump to conclusions. Myself, I was told I would get 30 to 40% more batter life with the seidio over stock battery, and that holds to be true.

Upvote 0
I peeled my label off, and discovered the same exact thing!

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

Uh oh!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Subscribed to this thread as well ..... I haven't been using my phone that much during the week as I have an old iPhone 3G to use for work which I constantly make calls on. Even with its smaller battery it lasts longer than my Incredible with minimal use and supposedly a 1750maH battery ..... it would make more sense to me if this was actually only 1500maH or something like that but I would definitely expect Seidio to respond

Upvote 0

I disagree. I have personally used the BBB with success to report a dispute in the past. I spent several months without a single response from the retailer before contacting the BBB and they had it resolved in a very timely manner.

I am not saying anybody should be contacting the BBB at this point. Seidio deserves a chance to explain or otherwise remedy the situation. But in all likeliness it seems the capacity we are seeing is alot closer to 1500 than it is to 1750 :(

I am in the same boat as Jamor, I am rather happy with the results of my Seidio 1750 vs stock. It achieved my desired result of making it through the day without charging BUT at the same time the price I payed was for 1750mAh and nothing less....

Upvote 0
3rd code in part no.

You didn't click "through".. here:

Extended Battery with Cover For PHAROS US454261 A8T Li-Polymer 3000Mah - US454261 A8T

Item # 4963-CS-EX500HL

Description Replace your original battery or keep an extra battery on hand as a backup for your PHAROS US454261 A8T device. This battery is guaranteed to meet or exceed the original manufacturer specifications. This battery comes with a 12 month warranty, CS batteries are some of the longest lasting and most reliable batteries on the market, and comply with the international quality, environmental, and safety standards of ISO9001, RoHS, and CE. You also have our 30 day return policy if you decide later that you don't need the battery. Compatible Part Numbers 49004440_X500, US454261, A8T, AHL03716016, 369029665

Plus, in your pic, the label doesn't even come close to the picture I took with the wrapper off!

Upvote 0
Seidio deserves a chance to explain or otherwise remedy the situation. But in all likeliness it seems the capacity we are seeing is alot closer to 1500 than it is to 1750 :(

It achieved my desired result of making it through the day without charging BUT at the same time the price I payed was for 1750mAh and nothing less....

My thoughts as well.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Hello All,

Let me start by saying that as always we appreciate your honest feedback, good or bad. Unfortunately we're not able to discuss confidential manufacturing processes.

There are a couple of points I can directly address from the original post.

1) The number referenced has nothing to do with capacity. This is all I can say about it, and can't go into any further detail.

2) The first link posted is to a Chinese cell rated at 1530mAh. We don't use Chinese cells, and choose to use much higher quality Japanese cells exclusively.

3) The second link posted is in reference to a battery made for the E-Ten Glofish, a smartphone built in 2008. Again this has nothing whatsoever to do with the battery we're creating.

As I said before, we use the highest quality cells available, and our batteries are built to the highest quality standards of excellence. I realize this may not be the answer some of you are looking for, but we simply cannot reveal proprietary information on a public forum.

That being said, if any of you are dissatisfied with the performance of your battery, please contact our customer service department for an exchange or a full refund.

Best regards,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones