• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seido Innocase vs Verizon High Gloss Silicon vs Amzer

psoulos

Jul 15, 2010
I'm looking into getting a silicon case for my droid x because I have a tendency to drop cellphones but don't want to add too much bulk.

From what I've read it seems like the Verizon high gloss case is considered better than the regular vzw silicon case.

Is there any sort of date on when the Seido Innocase is going to be released? Right now its "under development." Are Seido cases considered better quality than other brands and should I wait for that one to come out?

Thanks

edit: I looked at Amzer some more and decided I didn't like. Basically, should I get the verizon high gloss or wait for the seido innocase?

I am a big Seidio fan as their cases genuinly rock and their customer service has always been very good to me (with one exception that I won't hold against them as they did take care of it). They are fairly thin and their new design with the "slide" together case instead of clips has been a welcome change. Have used Seidio for my Blackberry's, 1st Droid, Incredible and will look at them again for the X, but for now, pretty happy with what I'm using now. I did a review on a Rocketfish case from Best Buy that I actually like except for it using clips and a not horrible, but noticeable opening near the HDMI port. This case is actually thinner than Innocase's I have used in the past and fits the car dock with modding to the dock itself.

The downside is they take a little while for production and I'm not one for waiting for said protection.

I'm not big on the gel cases as they tend to get "greasy" quickly from normal handling. This is just MY OPINION as I know others like them and to each their own.

Anywho, to each his own and hope you find what fits you best.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We don't have an exact ETA, but am looking at the first week of August. Once there an preordering going, forum members will be the first ones to know!

Here are some renderings to hold you over ;)

CSR2MTDX-XX-3.jpg

CSR2MTDX-XX-2.jpg

CSR2MTDX-XX-4.jpg

CSR2MTDX-XX-5.jpg

Regards,

Upvote 0
Ehhh.. I knew what they rendered like, but I hope it doesn't turn out like that. I definitely love the finish of it, but I don't like how it needs the front to clip on like that. I've been using slider cases since I purchased my first iPod Touch, and that case is no where near as good looking to me as it should be. I know that hump makes it hard to make a good case for, but I just want a slider case like the Incredible. :(

Upvote 0
I like Seidio products and had the Innocase on my D1, but I hate waiting for them. I bought the Verizon high gloss case and I have to say I love it! I like the feel, look, and ease of removing more than the Seidio case. As far as protection...I can't say for sure because I haven't dropped it. The Innocase was thin plastic, so I don't think it was any more protective than this one.

Upvote 0
I had the Innocase/holster combo with my Dinc and REALLY liked it.

I picked up the Verizon holster for my X, just because I needed something soon. Had REALLY wanted the innocase/holster again, but didn't feel like waiting 2 months. Sorry Seidio, unless this holster suddenly breaks, you lost a sale from me.

Upvote 0
I bought one of the Amzer argyle cases and noticed that while it looks nice and serves it's purpose for about $10, it made pressing the camera button and volume rocker rather difficult. Using an exacto knife, I was able to trim away some of the case to make the buttons easier to press. I might consider a Seidio case when they become available, but a lot of things that have come out about them in the past few months is making me have second thoughts.

Upvote 0
Do any of these cases being talked about protect the camera glass??? It seems like that is especially easy to scratch if you're not careful. I always lay mine on a raised level, like a sticky notepad so as not to have the camera hump resting on the surface and risk scratching it.

The cases add a thin barrier around the lens, so it is not flat on whatever surface you lay it on. But none I have seen actually cover the entire lens.

Upvote 0
I have the high gloss Verizon case (purple). Yes the case is thick enough to raise the camera lens comfortably off a surface. One thing I do not like about it.....the power button on top is not easy to push because of the case thinkness. Not that it's overly thick but there is just a thin slat for you to poke your finger and depress the power button. My droid 1 body glove (Verizon) handled this much better by giving you ample space openings for all the buttons and charger connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones