• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selling a Hero

cswee10582

Oct 13, 2009
So I'm selling my GF's used hero on ebay, I have a couple of questions though...I've factory reset it, but when you turn it on and check "about phone" it still has my name@sprintpc.com...I can't figure out how to clear that.

I've done a factory reset on the root screen, i've also held down home and back buttons and reset it that way at the white screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Don't worry, I still have my hero!

You can simply log in to your Sprint account (if you're registered online, that is) and under "I want to..." adjacent to your current phone, click "Activate a new phone". By activating a new phone on the account, the ESN (electronic serial number) on your Hero is cleared and ready to be activated on another account. As long as your account is in good standing and the phone isn't hotlined (stolen), you're set. :)

If, of course, you don't have access to your account online, just *2 it and get a rep to clear the ESN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones