Selling a Hero

Last Updated:

1. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm selling my GF's used hero on ebay, I have a couple of questions though...I've factory reset it, but when you turn it on and check "about phone" it still has my name@sprintpc.com...I can't figure out how to clear that.

I've done a factory reset on the root screen, i've also held down home and back buttons and reset it that way at the white screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

Don't worry, I still have my hero!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If I am nor mistaken, sprint would have to clear that. Swapping or getting sprint to clear the Esn (i believe is what it's called) should hopefully resolve this.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Member

You can simply log in to your Sprint account (if you're registered online, that is) and under "I want to..." adjacent to your current phone, click "Activate a new phone". By activating a new phone on the account, the ESN (electronic serial number) on your Hero is cleared and ready to be activated on another account. As long as your account is in good standing and the phone isn't hotlined (stolen), you're set. :)

If, of course, you don't have access to your account online, just *2 it and get a rep to clear the ESN.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

here is a suggestion..I dont know if it will erase this..

Get your MSL from Sprint... using the MSL you can rest the phone to all original setting. you can find the instructions on this website or xda; or you can have Sprint support walk you through it.

DFRESH likes this.
  5. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Dan330 on point....that's all he needs to do..get the MSL code and that will clear it up...