• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Semi-Automatic Camera App (Which allows man ISO selection with shutter speed on auto)

ma2426

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
Semi-Automatic Camera App (Which allows man ISO selection with shutter speed on auto):

Right off the bat, you might think there's an app for this already, but either the apps don't do it or the OS needs a correction, I'm using marshmallow 6.0.1.

I've tried Pro Shop, Camera fv-5, and looked at many other camera apps but while some of them will allow an auto shutter speed but automatically changing the iso as well... I don't want that.

I used to have a Canon AE-1 camera, I used to be able to choose the ISO and F 1.8 and the camera would pick the appropriate shutter speed.

I have the LG-G4, when using its lowest ISO & picking just the right shutter speed, I can get pristine pictures but I have to do everything manually.

I haven't found the one app that will allow me to set the ISO to manual while setting the shutter speed to auto so my simple question is either....

1. Can you create or help to create an app that allows semi-automatic camera functions that will allow the features mentioned above
-please pretest it on an LG-G4 to know that it does this because I think other apps think there's do.

or..

2. If it's the OS causing the problem and it won't allow the individual functionality, can you please get the message to Google or Android whoever it is that updates the OS that it's an obstacle.

The most frustrating thing is that it seems to be thought the apps out there do this okay, but they actually don't.. meantime I'll just have to rely on LG-G4's full manual mode.

And sorry for the long message.

Thanks

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones