• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Send message to group

Bouncer5

Lurker
Apr 23, 2010
When I try to do this to a group with more than 6 people, it converts the message to a mms and wants to use there email and wont add any more than 10 contacts

I am accessing it like so

Messages > New Messages > The small icon on the right > Groups> "Freinds"

This way is messed up, I have made several groups of 7 different sets of contacts, They all change to MMS Message when selecting any of those groups

I can send a group message by doing the below actions without any problem for some reason though, Which TBH is just more hassel!

People > "Groups Icon" > Freinds > Group Action > Send Group message

All the contacts have number of 11 Digits

Not really helping with the problem, but just wanted to make people aware that if sending MMSs to multiple recipients, all the recipients can see each others numbers

(assuming it's available on the phone - it was on all my previous Nokias - not received an MMS to my Desire yet, but even if you can't on yours, they might be able to on theirs...)

I just like to keep things as private as possible, so as soon as I discovered this I stopped sending them like that.

Hope that makes sense...

Upvote 0
When I try to do this to a group with more than 6 people, it converts the message to a mms and wants to use there email and wont add any more than 10 contacts

I am accessing it like so

Messages > New Messages > The small icon on the right > Groups> "Freinds"

This way is messed up, I have made several groups of 7 different sets of contacts, They all change to MMS Message when selecting any of those groups
First time tried sending sms to more people I ended up sending 10 MMS :/

It's completely stupid that the sms app automatically selects email instead of mobile numbers.

I can send a group message by doing the below actions without any problem for some reason though, Which TBH is just more hassel!

People > "Groups Icon" > Freinds > Group Action > Send Group message

All the contacts have number of 11 Digits
Thank you very much for this, at least it works like this as it should :) but the first method should be fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones