• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending "Clickable" links to unsaved/new number

dataentry

Lurker
Sep 8, 2022
Screenshot 1 is a spam message sent by some random number to me. I am surprised how the person is able to send the message and yet whatsapp allows me to click on that button "Join Group".

After clicking that link/button, screenshot 2 pops up(See attachments). This experience is quite similar to how we open a link from Whatsapp Status.

Any of you are aware how to do this? I did ask that spammer (LOL), but no response from that number. I doubt they understand english.

I know that only way a link is visible or clickable is

1. if I reply to original message of that number

2. if I save that mobile number
But, my question is beyond that and need to know how to send that clickable link when these two criteria is not met.

Attachments

• photo1662608165.jpeg
    photo1662608165.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 87
  • photo1662609202.jpeg
    photo1662609202.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
Screenshot 1 is a spam message sent by some random number to me. I am surprised how the person is able to send the message and yet whatsapp allows me to click on that button "Join Group".

After clicking that link/button, screenshot 2 pops up(See attachments). This experience is quite similar to how we open a link from Whatsapp Status.

Any of you are aware how to do this? I did ask that spammer (LOL), but no response from that number. I doubt they understand english.

I know that only way a link is visible or clickable is

1. if I reply to original message of that number

2. if I save that mobile number
But, my question is beyond that and need to know how to send that clickable link when these two criteria is not met.

I believe that's the default setting for WhatsApp. You can disable it in the Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups options.

WhatsApp is Meta/Fakebook, and since when did they care about your privacy.

Upvote 0
I believe that's the default setting for WhatsApp. You can disable it in the Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups options.

WhatsApp is Meta/Fakebook, and since when did they care about your privacy.

No. You have missed my question. I need to know how to send a message to an unknown number ( who has never interacted with me, nor has saved my number in their contact). And, when i send the message which contains a link, it should be clickable to the receiver. Generally, it is not possible. But, few have a workaround. I am interested to know about that work around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones