• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending DTMF Tones

Zekeman

Lurker
Apr 1, 2015
I make a lot of conference calls where you have to log into a conference using a conference code. On my old phone (Droid Maxx HD), I had these calls setup to dial automagically by placing a semi-colon after the phone number, then the code.

For instance: 800-555-1212;123456 would dial 123456 when I said ok. Saved me a ton of effort, especially when driving.

On my Turbo, this no longer works. When you say ok, it dials the tones so fast as to come out as one tone. Setting the tone length in dialer does nothing. Putting comma's (,) between each number causes the tones to take too long. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this - now, or coming? Is this a dialer issue or the phone?

It's almost as annoying as the inability to simultaneously have voice and data at the same time. Verizon (or Motorola) please fix this.

Thanks,
Zeke

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones