• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending text to wrong person

I am not sure if this is problem that was apparent in all Android devices or just the Nexus S, but they fixed it with 2.3.2. I am just not sure if that means that those of us on 2.2 still have the issue or what.

Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed -- Engadget

Nexus S OTA 2.3.2 update rolling out now, your SMS relations will thank you -- Engadget

The only issue I have is that back when I used to use the stock SMS messenger, I would hit one conversation and it would open another. As far as I am aware of, it never sent it to somebody that it didn't say it would send it to. I have never had this issue since using Handcent.

Upvote 0
If I download something like Handcent, how can I disable the stock SMS? I had Handcent on my Eris but I would always receive double texts from both stock SMS and Handcent.

open the stock messages app, menus>settings>and there is something inside the settings to uncheck notifications, and also to turn off auto recieve messages. that way you wont have any messages in there.

sorry its been a while since i used the stock sense messaging, but i know it is in the settings for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones