• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending Video's via Text or Email

Hi, can someone tell me how to send a video to someone via text (mms) or email? Every time I try to do it I recieve a message that says, "Message size limit reached." This happens with videos less than 5 seconds long.... I know I can send the video's to youtube/ flikr, but I would like to send as messages also at times. Please help.....

Transfer file to your computer and then send via email.

There's got to be a better answer than this.

Compress the video files perhaps? Film at a much lower resolution if it's a video that you plan on texting.

Or, there may also be apps that can change video resolution for you.

I haven't tried to attach video yet, so I have not run in to this.

Upvote 0
I can honestly say that after 1+ years with android I have never been able to send a video via mms or email. Shit the youtube uploader is spotty as hell. So I just plug my phone in and select whatever I want to upload/send through the phone as an external drive. Also just to be safe I remove ask videos and pics and put them on my ext hd once a month.

Upvote 0
I've been sending tons of videos through email, and uploading them to facebook right from the phone.
Go to your gallery,

Click on videos,

Press the hard button that has 3 lines through it (the one next to the home button)

Press the share button (2nd button from left on the screen)

Select which sharing option you want.

You'll never be able to do it through texting though. The quality on this phone is too good. I think there's a way to do it through video chat, but I haven't tried it yet.

Upvote 0
My issue is when I send a picture through email from the phone the picture size is huge when you open it on your computer. Is there any way to resize the photos before you attach them?? They are fine to another phone or facebook but not when opened in your computer email like AOL. I know they can be resized on the computer but my parents don't really know how to do those things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones