• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensation XL mobile browsing

kpslick

Lurker
Jun 26, 2010
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help.

Just upgraded from a desire s. On the desire, if you unticked 'mobile view' in browser options, it used to show all websites in desktop form.

When I do the same thing on the XL, it still shows websites in mobile view. Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I tick or untick the mobile view option. Am I missing something? Really hope I am as this was one of the big reasons I love HTC phones!

Please help!

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help.

Just upgraded from a desire s. On the desire, if you unticked 'mobile view' in browser options, it used to show all websites in desktop form.

When I do the same thing on the XL, it still shows websites in mobile view. Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I tick or untick the mobile view option. Am I missing something? Really hope I am as this was one of the big reasons I love HTC phones!

Please help!

Maybe it is the web server that detects the request coming from an Android and switching automatically to the mobile version of the site

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones