• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serious ROM leak documented on video!! May Cause fatal sms issue.

This is very strange behavior. Butttt can that issue be exploited to open a back door into the root since this is obviously writing to the ROM if it actually persisting after a hard reset?

It could be possible, or it could be the phone just misreporting available storage memory.

I believe the reason the sms/voicemail issue occurs is because the system intentionally puts up a remote flag to not send any sms/voicemail while low on memory. The problem lies that when you free up memory even if you hard reset the phone it doesn't take down the flag it down unless you change to a phone that communicates the flag already down. That's just my understanding so I could be totally wrong! :D

Upvote 0
thank you. i totally understand the "issue". i had the same "connecting" status on the phone and no leaks were seen then ...and now... i appreciate your concern in making sure i understood...

@marctronixx

The bluetooth has to get stuck on "connecting" status for the leak to occur. If it does not it will not leak. Each time it happens and you turn bluetooth off or reset your Hero the ROM loses 5-15mb.

My Jabra SP700 is a 2.0 device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones