• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seriously thinking about getting the Note 2. Should i be worried about burn in?.

I heard and seen that this phone gets burn in since it is AMOLED. But if i do get it which i am thinking i might later today, If i keep my brightness on auto. Should i be worried about burn in?. Thanks
I haven't had mine very long, just short of a month, so too soon. I had that problem with my Motorola phones but only slightly. If your contract is up with your carrier, there are great deals on the Note II. I got mine for $50.00 and I have heard there are even lower prices right now.

Upvote 0
I have no burn-in yet; screen is still good. Burn-in usually happens when the screen is set at a high brightness level and stuck on a static image for a long while (couple hours with the screen constantly on and no break). The RGB emitters burn out which cause the burn.

There are a few users that have experienced burn-in. Mostly because of the above stated reason.

Upvote 0
I have no burn-in yet; screen is still good. Burn-in usually happens when the screen is set at a high brightness level and stuck on a static image for a long while (couple hours with the screen constantly on and no break). The RGB emitters burn out which cause the burn.

There are a few users that have experienced burn-in. Mostly because of the above stated reason.
I had the burn in problem on a number of Moto phones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones