• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SetCPU app problem

Marios1441

Feb 15, 2014
Hello,

I'm using SetCPU app for increasing the cpu frequency when screen closes and phone goes to deep sleep
to eliminate momentary lag and slow speed when i wake up the phone. The launger app drawer swipes choppy. How should i set it up this app? Also i don't know what governor i must use.

What phone and kernel are you using?

Also, you're wanting to increase the frequency when the screen turns off? That sounds backwards - most folks would want a lower frequency while the screen is off.
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone and Samsung kernel. I want to increase the frequency when
the screen turns off so the cpu wakes without lag.

Upvote 0
I thought you said you were using a supported custom kernel? That would be one that you manually downloaded and installed, not one that came with the device (or came from Samsung). You're not going to be able to have much (if any) control over the stock kernel.

And unless you're manually moving the minimum frequency as well as the max, the processor will still scale down (and hopefully go to sleep) when you turn the screen off. If you are raising the minimum frequency, well, it won't matter because your battery won't last until the next time you wake the device. ;)

Look at changing the governor, which controls how and when the processor will hop among its available frequencies. That could probably be tweaked to make the wake-up action a bit quicker.

But, again, none of that applies if you don't have root and a custom kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones