• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Several Noobie Qs on Best Procedure

CaptSunset

Lurker
Sep 8, 2015
I picked up an RCA tablet with keyboard/case for cheap so I could learn Android before commiting to a higher-end tablet or phablet. It runs KITKAT 4.4 on a quad core and so far the battery hasn't ballooned and I've figured most stuff out, but RCA directions are useless in several languages, and it is so low end that it isn't listed on anybody's Android forum...

So, my Qs:

1. Can i create battery problems by using the tablet while it is recharging?

2. Same Q for using a battery booster (I have a PNY T7800), & are bosters OK to use frequently?

3. The physical keyboard hogs the mini-USB port; is there a mini-USB hub to backfeed power while using the keyboard?

4. The "Office" program that came bundled has real problem- while you can usethe onscreen keyboard to type a doc, the keyboard disappears when you try to title your Save As and nothing seems to bring it back. Is there a way to lock the keyboard ON?

5. RCA gives out no specs onthe CPU or how to remove the bundled flotsam, can anyone recommend a free Android guide that is mid-level comprehensive?

Thanks in advance (this took 30 minutes to type, btw!:])

Welcome to AF! :)

1. No. As long it's charging and not losing charge whilst on a charger, it's fine.
2. Not sure
3. Not sure
4. What's the bundled office app called? Have you tried a replacement app on Play or the Google Docs/Sheets app?
5. Without rooting, no you generally can'r remove the pre isntalled apps. This will give you info about your CPU though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en_GB

Hope that helps somewhat. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones