• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I flashed my phone with : Android version 2.3.6, Baseband version I9100XXKI4, Kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841 root@dell144#2, Build number GINGERBREAD.XWKK5, after flashing it a few times over the past 3 months the counter has hit 10. I sent for a USB Jig from Hong Kong from ebay which was very cheap, think the postage cost more than the jig, when i insert the jig nothing happens and the counter still reads the same (10), just need to know if the bootloader needs re-installing to the old version or is the jig faulty, thanks.

I flashed my phone with : Android version 2.3.6, Baseband version I9100XXKI4, Kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841 root@dell144#2, Build number GINGERBREAD.XWKK5, after flashing it a few times over the past 3 months the counter has hit 10. I sent for a USB Jig from Hong Kong from ebay which was very cheap, think the postage cost more than the jig, when i insert the jig nothing happens and the counter still reads the same (10), just need to know if the bootloader needs re-installing to the old version or is the jig faulty, thanks.

The new firmware’s come with updated bootloader, the USB Jig does not work with this version.

Look for the Frankenstein firmware’s on xda forums, they are modified versions which are non wipe and contain the older bootloader which the jig will work with, hopefully it's as simple as just flashing one of these but I don't know for sure.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: mikeinhull
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones