• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root should i be using bootstrap or safestrap?

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
I just rooted my bionic using the motofail method, so i was wondering which one i should be using? Do they do the same thing? In the all things root guide it says to use the bionic bootstrap recovery method. I want to install the new ICS rom for .902 so i was just wondering.

Thanks

I have been using bootstrap from the begining but would like to change over to safestrap. is there a way to do this without having to to start all over. I really dont want to redo my rom.

Great question. I didn't know the answer, so I asked timmy10shoes and the answer is "you cannot restore cwm back-ups with safestrap". Meaning you cannot take the backup of your ROM in bootstrap and restore it in safestrap.

However, there is a way to install safestrap over the ROM your running, but you will have to have a stock backup in bootstrap or be willing to fxz back to stock when the next OTA update happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones