• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I root my phone?

omegas3

Mar 17, 2011
Hey everyone Im a new android user. Im so glad I found these forums. I have added cool apps and umderstood the power of my fone alot better. I own a Huwaei ascend and was curious as to the benefits of rooting my phone. Pros and cons. Thanks for the advice!!

I say don't root your phone until you actually find a valid reason to do so.

There are several things that I can do now after rooting my phone, chiefly a custom boot animation, a custom shut down animation, a theme, backing up my app data, deleting system apps that I don't want anymore and extracting apk files. But if none of these things make sense to you, there's really no reason to root.

Reactions: septembersrain
Upvote 0
I say don't root your phone until you actually find a valid reason to do so.

There are several things that I can do now after rooting my phone, chiefly a custom boot animation, a custom shut down animation, a theme, backing up my app data, deleting system apps that I don't want anymore and extracting apk files. But if none of these things make sense to you, there's really no reason to root.
I would like to delete system apps especially if it helps with better performance and memory but yeah everything else you mentioned is foreign to me. I just want to get the best out of my device so rooting doesnt seem to be apply to me, for now. Thanks man

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones