• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show incoming caller's company name

yuan_you

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
Hi,

I use HTC Desire, android 2.2.
I'm looking for an application who allows to show incoming caller's company name.

I've found the application "Call Informer", who does exactly that, but this application is no more available.

As other extra figures, this application can offer configuration to show other interesting information, such as address, or any fields from the contact. It could also offer possibilities to arrange where to show each information, change font and size, color, etc. But it's not essential.
The most important for me, it's the company name (I think the field for company name in Android contact information is the "Organization" field).

Notice that I don't want applications who look for call Id from Internet or online White pages. I need it to work without Internet connection, it just shows information from the android address book on the phone.

Thanks very much,

Yuan You

Thanks very much.
It's indeed available on this web site.
(but from my phone's Market, I can't find it. On ther web sites, it's there but when I really download it, I got a broken link).

With the Web site you indicated, after I click on "Buy", I get a popup window, in this window, my HTC Desire is gray, it means that Call Informer is not compatible with my device! So eventually, I can't download it.

Meanwhile, I found Callmaster, which does this, among other things. It still has some bugs when looking for contacts in the contact list, I hope the developer could fix it soon.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones