• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show me what I listen

alaios

Lurker
Feb 26, 2023
Hi all,
I am using the wiim android app that connects to my wiim streamer. The streamer connects to amazon music and feeds my integrated amp.
So far all good.
What is also nice with my wiim app is that the currently playing song is synchronized with all android apps that run the application. This is a feature that I can use to some extent to display in a dedicated tablet what I am playing

These are the features that I am lacking though
1. Turn on the display on when I start streaming music
2. Keep display always on and turn it off when I stop streaming.

I am willing to use a different android app and or buy a different streamer that uses a different app.
I am open to suggestions and alternatives.
Regards,
Alex

Reactions: lacopper
1. I have always an app that is displayed. Nothing more, you can not start using it as a normal tablet. Even if you do when you turn on the display again you should see just the specific application on top
2. nice
3. Not being able easlily to select another app. For example kids to take the tablet to play games, they should see it as a device that is only for that specific media player
4. Now that I think of will be nice to even lock the touch screen for kids and have a special way to unlock it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones