• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show Off Your XE Homescreens - (with tips)

Either start using a Launcher that allows custom icons (most of them) but make sure you enable the clean slate skin/profile on sense first as Sense is still loaded behind the Launcher (in other words, remove everything from ALL of your homescreens as they will still be running in the background) When you install a Launcher it will normally start up upon phone bootup so sense will never interfere with the appearance of your new shiny setup.

Top 6 Android Launchers Worth Trying Out [UPDATED] | Tech Drive-in

good list of Launchers.

OR

you could root your phone by following the lovely guides on here or on the xda forums and then apply your own icons but i imagine it is quite a long (complicated) process.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Either start using a Launcher that allows custom icons (most of them) but make sure you enable the clean slate skin/profile on sense first as Sense is still loaded behind the Launcher (in other words, remove everything from ALL of your homescreens as they will still be running in the background) When you install a Launcher it will normally start up upon phone bootup so sense will never interfere with the appearance of your new shiny setup.

Top 6 Android Launchers Worth Trying Out [UPDATED] | Tech Drive-in

good list of Launchers.

OR

you could root your phone by following the lovely guides on here or on the xda forums and then apply your own icons but i imagine it is quite a long (complicated) process.

Hope this helps

enable clean slate skin/profile.......>> you mean reduce homescreens to one and leave it without any icons?

Upvote 0
Here is mine,new to both the sensation xe and android,i love the customisation !!

Screen shot by ianw84, on Flickr

Nice... Do you need to root it to customize your icon thanks

I just found out how to take screenshots in my HTC Sensation XE. Hold the power button for a second and then press the home button! This did not work in my HTC Desire...

Hello I want to ask if your phone is root you see I have different home screen I also want to have the home screen which in the lower part of the screen says (the many tiny box for app) ,phone ,(paint like icon ) thanks

Upvote 0
changed....

Attachments

• 2012-05-21_02-14-10.jpg
    2012-05-21_02-14-10.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 2012-05-21_02-17-18.jpg
    2012-05-21_02-17-18.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 2012-05-21_02-14-03.jpg
    2012-05-21_02-14-03.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Hello all, been mad busy with work and must have changed my set up at least ten times. Gone for a simple,dark look and I'm using the Apex Launcher at the moment too. For ICS it craps all over Go, LPP and IMO Nova too. All just my opinion though, but I have tried them all now. Just using 3 screens at the mo.

Lock Screen - Using Widget Locker of course. The clock is One More Clock and the missed call/sms is Missed It!

2012-05-17_23-53-35.png

Home Screen - Another One More Clock with Extended Controls and the hardly noticeable Jack face icon (bottom right) is a Lock Now for Widget Locker

2012-05-17_23-50-53.png

Left x1 - Audio Manager at the top, Cloudskipper music player and the custom text icons are for various ICS folders.

2012-05-17_23-51-04.png

Right x 1 - Smooth Calendar at the top with System Info Widget below it. The Whip is so my Mrs knows when I'm home :D

2012-05-17_23-51-20.png

App Drawer - Via Apex Launcher

2012-05-17_23-52-21.png

Handcent - just for the eye candy really ;)

2012-05-17_23-52-32.png

2012-05-17_23-52-52.png

So yeah, fairly simple and tidy and keeping it dark again.

Shown you mine, lemme see yours :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones