• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 'Shutdown Animation Changed & NEW BOOT SOUND' FINALLY

Its Not impossible, ill look up on it for you though because i dont really know how 2.3.6 animation look like but if the animation file is qmg then yes its possible :p

I've also included the 26 shutdown .pngs. Personally i like this Samsung Bootup alot more than "HELLO HELLO HELLO". I'll pm you the link ok? I cant attach most of the stuff here.

Upvote 0
On steps with the permissions, can you be more specific on which I need. I REALLY don't like root explorer... In the file explorer I use, Super Manager, I have 3 categories -- Owner, Group, and Other -- each with the ability to Read, Write, and Execute.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. After playing around with it, I found that in Super Manager I simply need to translate "row" as "column." I have it working now, and I love it! Thank you!

Upvote 0
On steps with the permissions, can you be more specific on which I need. I REALLY don't like root explorer... In the file explorer I use, Super Manager, I have 3 categories -- Owner, Group, and Other -- each with the ability to Read, Write, and Execute.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. After playing around with it, I found that in Super Manager I simply need to translate "row" as "column." I have it working now, and I love it! Thank you!

No Problem:hello:

Upvote 0
OK guys so i was playing around with this stuff with Boot animations... Sound.. Shutdown animation... blah blah blah.. well IT WORKED for those of you skeptics... ill explain what i did the Tv ShutOff animation along with the Poweron.wav file this worked great..... no problems... now i also figured if the .png images are are just that.. then why can't i put a custom pic in so i did... i copied a pic from my sdcard and pasted it at the bottom of the list something like shutdown_27.png...( Change the permissons also) IT WORKEDDDDD so basically you can make a custom slideshow while your phone is turning off for those interested... also i wanted to remove the Metro logo on boot... so i removed the Samsung.png file and the bootanimation file within etc/bin. it worked somewhat (i still had the Samsung logo appear but the metro crap was gone.. now i wanted a boot animation to take its place i tried to do one manually thru data/local but i couldn't get it to work so i DL'ed Rom Toolbox as a thread said can install them for me so i found them and started trying different ones out... it intalled and worked... but it wasn't until i updated a app called Draw Something Assistant then i started to notice somethings funny happening... ( i doubt its from this app but felt the need for you to know all)... SO! my phone was locked it rang i felt it vibrate but the caller id screen never came on so i hit the lock button thinging its just laggy... when i unlocked the phone it vibrated a few time then i got com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly ... so i wa like hmm thats weird what i also found is that when i went into the app store it says i only have 9 apps installed which is CRAZY i have almost 30... idk what happened.. now im not sure where to go from here... it could be that i have some folders with the old boot animations and stuff in the system and its reading them wrong.. idk. So this is what i have done i have factory reset the phone and erased the SD card. i need help asap. is there a way to get the phone back to stock or a way to completley replace the files i have played with? i need help fast...

Running Admire Beast...

Upvote 0
OK guys so i was playing around with this stuff with Boot animations... Sound.. Shutdown animation... blah blah blah.. well IT WORKED for those of you skeptics... ill explain what i did the Tv ShutOff animation along with the Poweron.wav file this worked great..... no problems... now i also figured if the .png images are are just that.. then why can't i put a custom pic in so i did... i copied a pic from my sdcard and pasted it at the bottom of the list something like shutdown_27.png...( Change the permissons also) IT WORKEDDDDD so basically you can make a custom slideshow while your phone is turning off for those interested... also i wanted to remove the Metro logo on boot... so i removed the Samsung.png file and the bootanimation file within etc/bin. it worked somewhat (i still had the Samsung logo appear but the metro crap was gone.. now i wanted a boot animation to take its place i tried to do one manually thru data/local but i couldn't get it to work so i DL'ed Rom Toolbox as a thread said can install them for me so i found them and started trying different ones out... it intalled and worked... but it wasn't until i updated a app called Draw Something Assistant then i started to notice somethings funny happening... ( i doubt its from this app but felt the need for you to know all)... SO! my phone was locked it rang i felt it vibrate but the caller id screen never came on so i hit the lock button thinging its just laggy... when i unlocked the phone it vibrated a few time then i got com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly ... so i wa like hmm thats weird what i also found is that when i went into the app store it says i only have 9 apps installed which is CRAZY i have almost 30... idk what happened.. now im not sure where to go from here... it could be that i have some folders with the old boot animations and stuff in the system and its reading them wrong.. idk. So this is what i have done i have factory reset the phone and erased the SD card. i need help asap. is there a way to get the phone back to stock or a way to completley replace the files i have played with? i need help fast...

Running Admire Beast...

Sorry for the late response. This sounds weird tho but it may just be a small error but if you want to return to full stock here you go:

http://androidforums.com/admire-all...m-backup-samsung-admire-2-3-4-stock-eh02.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have an LG Connect 4g, there is no folder called "video" in system/media or "video/shutdown" directory tree for that matter. I have tried making the directories myself and going from there.. Nothing worked, still does stupid MetroPCS shutdown. Got the startup animation changed it goes here "system/media" using Total System app. Any help would be appreciated, the MetroPCS logo is not only choppy, but also annoying and cheap looking. Please help.

If someone knows where the phones defaut startup/shutdown location FOR THIS PHONE (it's not system/media/video).. That would be awesome.

**UPDATE - I started a thread on this.. I think it's in the phone's bios :(

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure what the rules are about posting links. I see some links posted to get specific animations related to this site but I'm assuming you couldn't post the 4 shared link because it's a black market way to get an app? I have a link I want to post only I'm not sure on how I'm allowed to do it so I'll go about it in a round about way. For anyone who wants to make their own boot & shutdown sound like me (Dr Who sounds) if you only have mp3 sounds they have to be converted. You need .wav files for bootanimation & .ogg files for shutdown. Here is a website that you just upload the file with sound you want & then choose what you want it converted into to. Easy breezy. It's media.io/ with an http:// in front of it, no www. I hope this helps those out who want to creative & use their own sounds

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I wanted to thank you for your hard work. I know that this is a samsung admire thread, yet, I bought a samsung proclaim thinking it was going to be as easy to root/ modify as my last android. Unfortunately that was not the case. I became rooted, took a few attempts, but I gained root. Then, like everyone that roots, I wanted to change my boot animations and shutdown animations. Nothing more annoying than the tracphone boot logo and sound. Yes, I do shut my phone off alot, more so than the average user. I looked every where on the internet and basically the verdict is, I can't change them. Upon finding your page, I followed the directions to the letter. my first success was, that the shut down logo and sound went away, but It didnt load the custom animation you provided. After checking and rechecking, still no success, yet, I was thrilled that at least one of the darn bootsounds+ logos went away. I further followed your advice and was able to use the power on.wav tutorial to remove the startup (tracphone) tone. The Samsung logo and the tracphone logo still appear. It (the phone) being quiet at startup and shutdown has been a real victory for me, yet, if somehow i could lose the tracphone logo at boot...even if it was just blank until the homescreen loaded, I would be thrilled. Ideas???

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I wanted to thank you for your hard work. I know that this is a samsung admire thread, yet, I bought a samsung proclaim thinking it was going to be as easy to root/ modify as my last android. Unfortunately that was not the case. I became rooted, took a few attempts, but I gained root. Then, like everyone that roots, I wanted to change my boot animations and shutdown animations. Nothing more annoying than the tracphone boot logo and sound. Yes, I do shut my phone off alot, more so than the average user. I looked every where on the internet and basically the verdict is, I can't change them. Upon finding your page, I followed the directions to the letter. my first success was, that the shut down logo and sound went away, but It didnt load the custom animation you provided. After checking and rechecking, still no success, yet, I was thrilled that at least one of the darn bootsounds+ logos went away. I further followed your advice and was able to use the power on.wav tutorial to remove the startup (tracphone) tone. The Samsung logo and the tracphone logo still appear. It (the phone) being quiet at startup and shutdown has been a real victory for me, yet, if somehow i could lose the tracphone logo at boot...even if it was just blank until the homescreen loaded, I would be thrilled. Ideas???

You might have better luck asking this in the proclaim forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones