• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sign a petition for the White House to stop carriers from blocking google wallet

At the White House signature website:

Total signatures before June 15, 2013, needed to get a response from White House: 100,000

Total signatures on the petition to force carrier to allow Google Wallet: 369

It's not going to get another 99,631 signatures in two days. Good riddance.

Terms and Conditions May Apply Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Documentary Movie HD - YouTube

On the other hand, this petition will definitely reach 100,000 signatures, and everyone should definitely sign it:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pardon-edward-snowden/Dp03vGYD

Upvote 0
I'm paying for the phone, the phone service, and the apps, (I'm sure Google takes a cut from every app sale in Play store.) So I'm a paying customer. And as a paying customer, I'm not going to allow Google to snoop on my life.

Let's break that down and think about that...

1)You are paying for the phone ($$$ to HTC, Samsung, lg, ect. Google gets 0)

2)The phone service ($$$ to your carrier, Google gets 0)

3)The apps (profits to the dev, Google gets a fraction of that $0.99)

So, you've paid for your apps. In return you are getting Google now, maps, turn by turn navigation, an open source OS, ect

I'm failing to see where Google is making enough money to even break even, not to mention cover the development and testing costs for 5+ years of the OS development.

Google is an advertising company. That's how they make their money. That's how 99% of the internet makes its money. That's how this website stays afloat. Knowing that user 97o96j75di33dj648d58 likes cream cheese helps them get more $$ when they advertise to him or hee. Does Google really care that I may or may not like cream cheese? No

If you would like to pay an unsubsidized price for every service you get, you're not going to find it in the tech sector. TV, radio, cellphones, websites on the internet, newspapers, magazines, ect ect ect... All subsidized with advertising.

& If you think hopping to iOS7 or WP8 is going to change that, I've got news for ya.

Reactions: gtbarry
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones