• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Signal data issues "FIXED"

Krlypumaa

Android Expert
Jan 8, 2012
Tampa, FL.
www.gofundme.com
Ok... I have been messing around with issues with band12 lte slow data.
And this its what i have come out with in the past 2 weeks.
Its kind of stupid but by removing HIPRI from apn will make radio to stay on high freq. unless it can not be reached so radio will drop search to lower freq. Then it will search n connect to band12. Feq....
It has been a two intensive test with freq.meters n. QPST & QXDM.

I don't see HIPRI anywhere.
If you are on boost im working with a friend to see how radios connect n disconnect n checking how rmnet-ctrl. routes change... I dont think you guys suffer too much of signal drops.
are you on tmobile? when i was setting up a tmobile apn on my metro stylo i noticed in the thread that there is no hipri under the apn type...it just says "default,supl,mms" but the default apn type on the metro apn is "default,supl,mms,hipri"
Thank you for responding. To our fella

Reactions: AP2FTW
Upvote 0
are you on tmobile? when i was setting up a tmobile apn on my metro stylo i noticed in the thread that there is no hipri under the apn type...it just says "default,supl,mms" but the default apn type on the metro apn is "default,supl,mms,hipri"

oh ok thats it. I use T-Mo's APN but i set it up my self. Still getting shatty data. I think it's this phone. When I had the SG Mega 6.3 I got 100mbp down outside and 50mbp down inside.

People need to make it clear in their tittles what version of the phone they are talking about. Just saying.

Upvote 0
oh ok thats it. I use T-Mo's APN but i set it up my self. Still getting shatty data. I think it's this phone. When I had the SG Mega 6.3 I got 100mbp down outside and 50mbp down inside.

People need to make it clear in their tittles what version of the phone they are talking about. Just saying.
Let me tell you its not the ph... After Jun/2015 mpcs n tmo has throttle their data.cap to 20.45 normal.. You can get upto 68-72 depending the area... Now with the band12 data rus between 11-24 cus its not strong enough yet.
https://www.metropcs.com/terms-conditions/network-disclosure.html

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones