SimpleROM 1.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PattF

PattF Guest

New update, screen wake issue is gone for good and it's now de-branded.
  2. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

why do you keep 0.1.2 Private?
  3. PattF

PattF Guest

Every time I change something I change the build number to keep the changes organized. If it doesn't go well or I'm just testing something too small to justify uploading it, I don't. If I don't upload it there's no reason to list changes.
  4. mooseberry

if there is no upload then why change build numbers?
  5. PattF

PattF Guest

Because it's a different build. It's so I can keep track of what I'm doing.
  6. mooseberry

i am sorry i just dont understand if you didnt upload anything why would you make a different build and state the changes made as private?
  7. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

To allow him to keep up with what he's done so far.... also to let you guys know that changes are occurring

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  8. PattF

PattF Guest

The build numbers are your me first and foremost, they are pretty much needed to keep me organized. That was a failed build, I don't need to state all my errors on here, I have a changelog on my computer. I fail to see what you don't understand and I'm done talking about it.
  9. mooseberry

you stated that your rom is not in beta (http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/570308-rom-right-you.html) I found your rom and started to ask you questions before i put a rom on my phone i want to trust it. I didnt understand why you say changes you made were private. So i questioned it. Your getting up set by me wanting to understand whats going on and whats been changed with your rom throughout the different builds. i understand now. Thank you for your help :)
  10. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Okay theres no need for you guys to get worked up :D lets play nice
  11. sqparadox

sqparadox New Member

Generally, when most programmers are experimenting with failed builds they either state that that version had "no changes" or they skip over that version number (leaving it as an internal build) and move on to the next build.

There is no hard and fast rule, or even a real need to do this but a change in version number in and itself implies that changes have been made; even if that isn't necessarily part of the process of making a new build. Stating that the changes to a ROM are "Private" does not indicate that no changes have not been made, it implies exactly the opposite: that changes have been made.

By marking these changes as "Private" you imply that you have something to hide, even if you may not. When working with something that has such sensitive access to users' personal data, this attitude does not usually engender trust among your users.
  12. mooseberry

ApolloStar2109 no one is worked up on my end :)

sqparadox you have a good point.
  13. StarScream2109

Im glad to hear just dont wanna see anything get out of control :D thank you for understanding
  14. mooseberry

thanks for caring ;)
  15. StarScream2109

16. PattF

PattF Guest

I'm not nor was I worked up. I was at work and it had been a long night. Sorry. I changed the txt on that build so it doesn't confuse people.
  17. mooseberry

i didnt think you were thanks for clearing everything up i do appreciate it. have you done any overclocking by chance.

By the way i do want to thank you for taking time to talk to me about your rom
  18. PattF

PattF Guest

I haven't, the overclock isn't quite stable yet.
  19. mooseberry

thanks i am not looking for a rom that is overclocked and over all i like your rom
    will you be willing to pm and give me a list of known bugs so i know what i am getting myself into?
  20. PattF

PattF Guest

The only bug I know of is that the mobile network options under wireless causes a force close and I'm working on that.
    mooseberry likes this.
  21. PattF

PattF Guest

New update, check second post.:)

I'm still working on the mobile network settings fix.
  22. PattF

PattF Guest

Actually I'm done with this. I'm waiting on ICS, and if that never comes I'm just going to get the EVO. This 2.3 stuff is for the birds.
  23. mooseberry

thats too bad but good to know thanks
  24. PattF

PattF Guest

Bump for new version:D
    downthemachine likes this.
  25. atlharp

atlharp Well-Known Member

Running this now. Very nice. Stable. No real issues so far....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.