• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Siri app ?

IRIS, Jeanne and several others I can't remember offhand.

For those who didn't see it yet, here is a warning about IRIS that they don't warn you about on their app page on Google Play -

UPDATE:

Today I asked again if it (IRIS) knew any jokes (yesterday it came up with some ok clean jokes) ......but today it used some X-RATED language, even including the "F" word when replying with a random joke, needless to say I was VERY DISAPPOINTED and wrote a one star review and warned others to beware of the foul language. :mad:

I also reported it to Google Play. In the review I also asked that they update the app to not use foul language.

They do not even warn people of the language they could hear, that is simply not right.

Hopefully they will do the right thing and make an update that filters out foul language from being used !

Upvote 0
If there is, they have it well hidden, when you open the app it seems they only option is to tap the button you tap before asking a question and that's it. :thinking:

I just downloaded and tried Jeannie, but it was extremely slow to respond, then when it did respond to a question it simply said, hush I need to take a nap !

IRIS responded amazingly fast, now if they will only clean out the foul x rated words so everyone can use it :(

Upvote 0
Robin works really well too. I didn't know IRIS would/could swear. I tried to get it to once but it wouldn't do it for me.

The "F" word was included in a joke when I had asked "do you know any jokes", and since jokes would be seem to be something they somehow add on their own (and it's not like they access an online encyclopedia to find jokes) then it seems they would be directly responsible for it.

The day before it gave clean jokes, so foul language I heard today really disappointed me, you would have at least hoped the developer would have a warning on the app's web page :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones