• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sites for sideloaders?

NotDeadYet

Jul 17, 2012
My tolerance for Play annoyances and data wastage has worn thin, and I sincerely hope there are better sources for apps out there than official Google. My question is can anyone name some good central market sites for sideloaders? If not, what sources do people here who sideload their apps read to learn about new apps, wherever they are hosted?

Amazon App store or GetJar are good places to start. I would definitely not download from random places. Good way to get malware.

Malware-what malware? Android is a Linux derivative, therefore I can't get malware unless Google opens wide the door for it (or creates the malware itself) -right :D ?

I'm not looking to make my life more complicated, I just wondered if there was a popular culture which I'm missing out on, with resources which better serve certain niches You know, rooted, flash-modders, media, navigation,TTS users, weird stuff, international spies, or people who just don't appreciate Play running down their data accounts with mores spam everytime they log on.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on GetJar!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones