• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
so, isn't anyone here able to make Skype Voice call from his android's phone ?
*I m not interested in video or chat so far

What models you know for sure that allow one to use Skype in that way ?

Looking for to buy a phone but -to my surprise - Iphone or Window based Cells seems the only ones ready for that. (?!!!)

>>> :)

Upvote 0
so, isn't anyone here able to make Skype Voice call from his android's phone ?
*I m not interested in video or chat so far

What models you know for sure that allow one to use Skype in that way ?

Looking for to buy a phone but -to my surprise - Iphone or Window based Cells seems the only ones ready for that. (?!!!)

>>> :)

Skype Mobile is incompatible with Thunderbolt for some reason (it worked just fine for my incredible - and still works on my wife's incredible). There is another on the market simply called "Skype". It works....but (sadly) not for video calling and (more sadly) ONLY over Wi-Fi - no 3G!!!

Skype MOBILE is for 3G calls but again, it doesn't work with the Thunderbolt.

Crazy.

Upvote 0
Latrice: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Erin: I was looking at the thunderbolt ad in a VZW authorized dealer (diamond, in salt lake city, ut) and it was showing a skype face to face call in the ad, but on your site it says the thunderbolt can not run skype...
Latrice: Hello Erin!
Erin: hi =)
Latrice: You can download the skype on the Thunderbolt.
Erin: I love the droid charge and the thunderbolt, but i have to use skype chat for work..
Erin: oh, the samsung charge as well?
Latrice: Are you on the compare chart ?
Erin: ya, both say no for the skype
Latrice: I do apologize.
Latrice: Often the compare charts read off inaccurate information.
Erin: yay
Erin: so i will be okay with the charge?
Latrice: Yes
Erin: awesome, thank you so much!
Latrice: You are welcome

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones