• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skyrocket constantly loses BT connection to HF device

Droid727

Nov 12, 2012
A few weeks ago I installed a Kenwood BT852HD stereo in my car. My phone pairs with the unit fine and the device works fine (when connected). Once I get in the car, the device syncs with the stereo and the stereo says "HF Connected" and "Audio Connected" (Handsfree and Audio streaming). The phone stays connected for up to 4-5 minutes max before the stereo loses the handsfree and audio connection. This is incredibly annoying and it essentially makes the BT feature useless as I cannot carry a conversation or listen to music through the BT connection without the connection dropping randomly. The phone automatically reconnects when it decides to work again.

The phone does not move at all during the connect, disconnect, and reconnect cycle. The phone is set to be visible all the time (this didn't help) as well.

What the heck is going on here? I have a feeling the phone's BT is dropping out rather than this being a problem with the stereo. It's range is very good and it picks up potential phones from outside my car with ease. Seems like a common problem . I will try the suggestion about stopping one of the bluetooth processes. I rarely turn off my phone so this might be a solution (although Samsung needs to put out an update ASAP).

That sounds like a pain. I revently installed the Excelon version of that stereo and it seems to work fine. My only disappointments are that I have to make sure the volume id high enough on the phone when using BT Audio or Pandora (I usually have the phone on silent during the day) and the stereo does not acknowlwedge or display text messages as advertised...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones