• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sleep Mode And The Power Button

Marcos_01

Apr 27, 2010
Questions:

#1. Do I have to push the power button (top left key) every time to "wake up"/"put to sleep" my Incredible? I figured you should be able to press the optical "mouse" button (center, front) like the iphone. Is my phone defective? Am i doing something wrong?

#2. How do I completely turn my Incredible off, with out taking the battery out? Do I hold down the power button? Seems to just put it to "sleep" not turn off.

Questions:

#1. Do I have to push the power button (top left key) every time to "wake up"/"put to sleep" my Incredible? I figured you should be able to press the optical "mouse" button (center, front) like the iphone. Is my phone defective? Am i doing something wrong?

#2. How do I completely turn my Incredible off, with out taking the battery out? Do I hold down the power button? Seems to just put it to "sleep" not turn off.

1: Unless you use an application, that is the only way I know.

2: You hold down the power button for quite a while. Just hold it down until a screen pops up asking you what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Questions:

Make sure that you're not in the screen lock when you long press the power button to turn off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones