• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sleep of death?

I registered just so I can tell you this koopa; you can in fact return or even get a refund at any local radioshack with this phone (even if you purchased online) so long as you have the original packing slip and print off your confirmation email radioshack sent (the latter is not required if exchanging). I too was having issues with the phone I received from RS and exchanged it, the replacement was even worse than the one shipped to me from the warehouse so I just got a refund. I will be waiting until mid week next week to purchase a new one. Seems like there is a bad batch out there and either you get a keeper or get a dud. Probably a low quality check on these phones to get them out. Whatever you choose, good luck and enjoy the phone because when it does work correctly, it is fantastic!

Note: Make sure you TELL THEM you want an exchange otherwise they will try to bullcrap you into upgrading the PRL and factory reset a.k.a. the easy crap that doesn't do anything because the phone is obviously defective. They might give you some attitude but that is why I will never be doing business with Radioshack again

Upvote 0
I registered just so I can tell you this koopa; you can in fact return or even get a refund at any local radioshack with this phone (even if you purchased online) so long as you have the original packing slip and print off your confirmation email radioshack sent (the latter is not required if exchanging). I too was having issues with the phone I received from RS and exchanged it, the replacement was even worse than the one shipped to me from the warehouse so I just got a refund. I will be waiting until mid week next week to purchase a new one. Seems like there is a bad batch out there and either you get a keeper or get a dud. Probably a low quality check on these phones to get them out. Whatever you choose, good luck and enjoy the phone because when it does work correctly, it is fantastic!

Note: Make sure you TELL THEM you want an exchange otherwise they will try to bullcrap you into upgrading the PRL and factory reset a.k.a. the easy crap that doesn't do anything because the phone is obviously defective. They might give you some attitude but that is why I will never be doing business with Radioshack again

Just got back from RadioShack, they would not replace it. They gave this big old story about them being franchise blah blah blah, now I have to call those idiots and ship it to them and of course I cannot call them right now because their customer service operation hours are ridiculously short so I cannot call them until tomorrow which means I won't get it until next week but I am out of town next week with my job so this is just a whole big mess of me going without a phone for a week or more. I am overall pissed about this whole thing. I will never buy from RadioShack again I don't care how much money I save... -_-

Upvote 0
Wow what a load of crap from RadioShack. I know my local radioshack at my mall were complete D-bags so I had to travel to another RadioShack a few miles out (luckily there are a few within my area) and they were MUCH more friendly/helpful. The previous day he told me to hold off a day so I was like whatever okay, and the next day I walked in and he was like "This can't be good".

Told him it just wasn't working out and I was unsatisfied and wanted a refund, he said no problem and asked no questions. I got refunded for about $302 and I paid 309 with shipping, shipping is the only thing not refundable but that's okay with me.

Do you have any other local radioshacks? Maybe they might prove to be a bit more helpful, I guess it depends on the personality of the shack member, the person I dealt with was quite friendly. RadioShack does have a crappy customer support rating though, I believe a 1.3 or close to that. Never again will I deal with them.

I would try another radioshack but you also paid with PayPal so it could make things more difficult but if you have a paypal credit card or the card that was used with paypal itself they should just be able to swipe that card and issue a credit of what you paid for the phone with taxes just not refunding the shipping charges. If you have a another radioshack within the vicinity I would recommend trying them. Just say you want a refund and show them the packing slip and email confirmation and you should be golden

Upvote 0
If one Radio Shack pulls your leg, Just try another. Technically they are all franchises. You'll have to find one that isn't full of incompetent mongrels.

I had to go to three to get mine exchanged. First one said they can't. Second didn't have the phone. The third was wonderful and had just one left in stock.

Don't give up. =] A lot of us here have gone through it with RS too....

Upvote 0
Well that kind of sucks but at least you got your phone and will eventually get your money back. RadioShack has lost any future business with me since this whole issue and their customer service is truly horrendous. Let me know how your best buy phone holds up (any death screens or reboots) as I was planning on getting my phone from them next week actually. Also is yours Sprint branded or VM branded on the back case? I honestly at this point may prefer the VM branding as it seems they might at least have some kind of quality control coming straight from HTC.

Upvote 0
Well that kind of sucks but at least you got your phone and will eventually get your money back. RadioShack has lost any future business with me since this whole issue and their customer service is truly horrendous. Let me know how your best buy phone holds up (any death screens or reboots) as I was planning on getting my phone from them next week actually. Also is yours Sprint branded or VM branded on the back case? I honestly at this point may prefer the VM branding as it seems they might at least have some kind of quality control coming straight from HTC.

It is sprint branded but I haven't had any errors or anything like I did with my other phone. If anything happens I'll be sure to post about it.

Reactions: Tazzlest
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones