Slick Task Manager and App KillerTips

Last Updated:

1. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have read all the comments on ATK and task killers in general, and have decided I don't want to mess with one. BUT, on Droid-Life.com, they have a weekly app roundup where they review a few apps every week. I came across one today called MultiTask Manager. When you open it, it basicallly lists what apps are running in a scrolling ribbon at the bottom of the screen. Tap to open one, or long press to get the option to kill it. EXACTLY what I was looking for. And let me tell you, being new to Android, I had no idea how many apps keep running in the background if not closed properly. I can't wait to see how my battery life is now. If you want, here is the article to get the app or scan below! Enjoy!:)
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. anthonystillo

anthonystillo New Member

How's come the ark kills the apps but as soon as i go back in the list most of them are right back on,they wont die ...i don't get it

3. mahers

Are you sure they are listed as "running" and not "recently closed"?

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

so you downloaded an app that constantly runs in the background to kill apps that constantly run in the background?

5. agafi

agafi Member

The app don't run on background. When you close MTM it 's close.

6. mahers

+1 Exactly!

And besides that, having ONE app running in the background rather than 5 or 10 is better anyway. Right? No one is forcing you to get it. It was just a suggestion.

7. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

8. mahers

I read that, but this isn't a task killer like ATK which kills stuff all the time automatically. The one I mentioned is like hitting Task Manager on your PC. You can see what's running at any given moment and kill what you don't want. I prefer to tap the app and back out of it. Anyway, I've seen a huge jump in battery life since I put it in, but it's still too early to tell. While the apps listed may not have been running at max or whatever, they shouldn't have been running, in my opinion. Now I know how to back out completely, so usually, it doesn't find anything other than Home running.

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

its a scrolling ribbon across the bottom of the screen right? then yes it runs in the background.

edit... ok wording in the OP was misleading. Never actually checked out the app until now on appbrain. Sounds to me like it does the exact same thing as running services does. So IMO equally pointless