• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slim/Protective Case

DroidFaller

Jan 31, 2013
I am currently using a casemate tough case. It is pretty awesome. I think i dropped my phone from ear height a couple of times and my case helped me tons. No scratches, dents, or cracks. But I really feel like using the phone as thin as I can. What are some slim protective cases? Maybe tpu?

Check out the UAG case. It's not the thinnest one out there, but it's perfect for me. I've bought 4 so far just to have a color variety...lol! Oh, and I've dropped my phone numerous times in these and never once did any damage. One time I dropped it and tried to catch it with my foot. Ended up sending it skipping across the garage floor about 15 feet away from me. I thought for sure it would be broken, but not even the case was harmed.

You can pick one up for $15 or less on Amazon too!

Upvote 0
Thanx man. Ill put the black one in the basket now :beer: ive never used a screen protector, imo the s3 doesnt need one.
Now i have to try and spend rest of the 100bucks, it has to be used in one purchase. Tbh shopandroid is pretty crap for choice. Maybe ill get an android t-shirt to show the real-world my hidden geek life lol :D

Upvote 0
Thanx man. Ill put the black one in the basket now :beer: ive never used a screen protector, imo the s3 doesnt need one.
Now i have to try and spend rest of the 100bucks, it has to be used in one purchase. Tbh shopandroid is pretty crap for choice. Maybe ill get an android t-shirt to show the real-world my hidden geek life lol :D

I don't use a screen protector on mine. I always used one on my iphone, but when I switched to the S3, I never bothered. I DO have a tiny, barely noticeable scratch on my screen, so I'm thinking about putting one on to prevent more.

Upvote 0
I don't use a screen protector on mine. I always used one on my iphone, but when I switched to the S3, I never bothered. I DO have a tiny, barely noticeable scratch on my screen, so I'm thinking about putting one on to prevent more.

I have trashed two screen protectors so far with some horrific scratches. The $2 a piece is well worth avoiding a $100 screen replacement...

Upvote 0
I have trashed two screen protectors so far with some horrific scratches. The $2 a piece is well worth avoiding a $100 screen replacement...

How did the scratches on the protectors happen mate? Apologies to anyone whose read me say this lol but at a year old, my s3 has huge parts of the "chrome" missing and the battery cover is pretty war-wounded (even though i usualy use a case) but the display glass is so perfect i cant find a defect even with glasses on and the light hitting it at the right angle. I throw the phone around like you do with a year old phone and the gorilla glass has really impressed me. This is my 1st high-end modern smartphone though so im maybe easily impressed lol :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones