Slingplayer now out!

Last Updated:

1. n0v

n0v Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Slingplayer is out $29.99

Not cheap but it is damn good :)

Anyone else got it? http://www.slingbox.com/go/android

n0v

The wait is over. We are excited to announce that SlingPlayer Mobile for Android is available for download. Visit the Android Market from your phone and search for "SlingPlayer Mobile" to get it now.

When connected to a Slingbox SOLO, PRO or PRO-HD, the award-winning SlingPlayer Mobile software makes it easy to watch your home TV on your Android mobile phone. Change channels, control your DVR and watch your favorite shows, all on your mobile phone.

This is the fastest mobile player we have ever developed and we're offering it for just $29.99. It sports a super slick interface, great video quality and a new recent channels feature that puts your recent channels at your fingertips.

Of course, you'll need a Slingbox to enjoy SlingPlayer Mobile for Android. To learn more about Slingbox, the latest hardware requirements or how to upgrade from your current Slingbox to the latest and greatest, click here.

We think this app is a great reason to own a Slingbox – a seamless, high-quality experience that shows off the magic of Sling technology and Android.

Proudly,

The SlingPlayer Mobile Team

Advertisement
  2. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yep, works great on my Droid. I put a thread in the Apps forum :)

3. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

YESSSSS!!!

Finally, after almost a year of regretting leavin WinMo, & I hav it on the Moment with the older SlingBox AV workin flawlessly...

4. wahine

wahine New Member

Why isn't there a trial? What if it does not work -- how does one get their $30 back?

5. 1054

1054 Member

I can't get it to work with my Slingbox Pro. When I do setup for remote viewing on the computer it says it has a problem.

I went into my router settings and added "slingbox" to the device which basically means it forwards port 5001. But even when I do that, when I connect from my phone it works for about 5 seconds and then stalls the picture.

6. Kidmet

Kidmet Well-Known Member

I've been having that problem off and on for 2 days. (or since it was out) This morning I watched an hour of Saved by the bell. Now I am trying to watch Xmen and getting the freeze or losing connection. I have a feeling that sling is running this through a server or proxy and when it's crowded, it sucks. Morning = great, afternoon= bad.

1054 likes this.
  7. 1054

1054 Member

Thanks for your insight. Now that I know I'm not the only one in the world with this problem maybe I'll tinker around with it some more. I gave up yesterday :p

8. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

:eek: refund perhaps?

9. GonzoGreg

GonzoGreg Member

I purchased the Slingplayer App to my Motorola Droid running JRummy’s Remix v0.7 Cyanmod 5.0.6.2 Build ESE81 Firmware Version 2.1-update 1 (rooted). After the install was complete I clicked on the slingplayer icon in my app drawer and the screen goes black for a quick second, then returns to the home page. Can anyone help me??? (BTW Installed the app on my wifes Droid ‘Bone stock 2.1-update 1, and it works GREAT!) If anyone can help me out or give me some ideas I’d appreciate it. I know there are people running Slingplayer on Rooted droids, and I would have to have to unroot my phone, but I gotta have Slingplayer so I can watch my proHD.
    I uninstalled Slingplayer app. Rebooted phone, and reinstalled the app. I still can't get it to work at all (icon clicked, phone flashes for a second and then goes back to home screen). I initiated a text chat with Sling Media and was informed that they aren’t supporting rooted phone.

10. GonzoGreg

GonzoGreg Member

I did some research, and started diggin ito the phone. I found a fix for anyone who may run into this. It's totally dependant on the ROM and Kernal you are running. Certain combinations kill this (and perhaps other) apps. So of course I took my spare phone, and started trying all different combo and I have several listed that will not allow such programs to run.