• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root slow benchmark cromi-x

drshufer

Lurker
Oct 25, 2013
Any ideas why my transformer would be getting a 15700 on an tutu benchmark when running cromi-x 's 5.03? In fact two other benchmark programs are rating this device behind most others. It is a refurbish unit and I'm wonering if it might be defective?
Thanks for your help

I did run lag fix prior to the benchmarks. Androbench and Cf-bench gave similar assessment
ex. CF-benches
sequential read 21.6mb/sec most other devices around 75 you 113
sequential write 5mb/sec. others 50 to 103

browser. 697 msec
others 90 msec

camera. 897 Msecs others around 100

you can see the pattern. overall experience is fair, but serious lag when background downloading.

any ideas?

Upvote 0
sequential read 21.6mb/sec most other devices around 75 you 113
sequential write 5mb/sec. others 50 to 103

Very similar to my experience on the TF700T that I sold last month, and can be blamed on Asus saving a couple bucks and using a cheap storage chip. It should be comparable to similar devices, except for the read/write.

I doubt it's defective, just cheap design. If you exchange it, I'm confident the next one won't be much better. :D Lag and poor storage benches are a common complaint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones