• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Hot spot

Have had droids since they came out and pretty much done the samething to all of them, rooted and changed the entitlement to get around Verizons monthly charge. This latest Droid Razr Maxx HD with the latest JB on it does pretty much the samething that the rest of them do, the hotspot is extremly slow at times. I also have PDAnet installed and have used it for the past 4 years. I prefere PDAnet just due to the fact its about 10 times as fast as using the phones Hotspot. At times using the phones hotspot it might take upto 4 to 8 seconds to bring up a web page veres using PDAnet 1 to 2 seconds if not instantaneas. And I've narrowed it down by using the hot spot on the same web pages and than plugging in PDAnet and its night and day on speed. Though some times the hotspt works great, but not consistanly. Is this the nature of the beast, do I need to turn off certian apps to get the hotspot to work correctly. Any thoughts

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones