• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Tab

remoticboy

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. It has 1 GB ram and 16 GB of internal memory. But once I installed many apps (social apps like whatsapp, facebook and games like need for speed most wanted, etc) and added some music and movies to the memory, it was getting a bit less responsive as it was earlier. Only 770 MB ram is shown and almost 80-85% is used all the time. I have 2 questions all together.

1. Should I buy a Class 10 memory card for my tab so that I can move all my media and apps to the sd card and keep the internal memory free totally? will that in any chance improve the performance of my tab?

2. Even though they say 32 GB of external memory is supported, I'm a bit suspicious and was planning to buy a 16 GB Class 10 memory card. Am I wrong here?

Reactions: mysticspiral
Hi and Welcome to AF.
The problem is not the internal memory, its the RAM memory. Your phone has 1GB of dedicated Ram which like a computer is memory space used by apps for short term.

When you have many memory intensive apps running it will cause problems. You can do 2 things, shut down un used apps.
Or use an app that will keep those things from running when they are not needed.
Facebook is one great example it runs constantly even when your not actually using it, killing battery as well as hogging ram.
If your internal 16gbs is still half or more empty I doubt adding external will be much use but you sure can get a sd card if you want. And do not worry if the phone supports 32gb then 32gb is what you can use.
Well you can use anything smaller too.

Oh and if you have device specific questions these guys may just have better answers.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones