• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow/Tired SD Card?

Jul 29, 2011
Hi All,

I've noticed that my Note 4 has been slow to load the thumbs in different galleries and furthermore, when I shoot a video, it takes a good solid minute for it to be done processing it after I've hit the stop button. I have a 32 GB card in place that is nowhere near full. It's also an older card from my S4, though card age hasn't been an issue in my Canon 7D or Mark2 cameras.

Question... Is the lagging performance an indication that I need a new SD card? If so, which one is best? I'd like a 64GB if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Andy

Thanks. I'm assuming that's what the problem is. This morning while making a video, it would begin to save it, but then have trouble completing the task. I would get an error message saying the camera isn't responding. That coupled with the fact that the pics take longer to load in their galleries, makes me suspect the sd card.
I ordered a 128gb from Amazon earlier this morning

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones