• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow wifi hardware

FarmerRichard

Lurker
Sep 21, 2019
So I recently got my note 10 . funny it didn't come with an SD card slot . Oh how quirky. Well ok . I can deal with out that Especially considering how much I paid for it. but that's not my biggest problem. since there's plenty of memory in here . Ok moving on .My biggest issue. Slow Wi-Fi speeds.no at first I was contributing this to my router except for all my other devices seemed to work just fine and typically does see the 300 megabits a sec down I have slated from my internet service provider. ... So I'm thinking well can't be my hardware . so it must be my phone . but just to be safe, And therefore not jump to any conclusions. I took it over my buddies house, who has gigabit speeds. Through fiber-optic. And a fiber optic router connected as well through fiber optics. Yeah I know we're all jealous. Right . Bastard. We checked on several laptops.yap that works. And several other devices. All we're receiving at least 600 to 900Mbs all but my note 10.....
It tops out at 120mbs what is a Galaxy plan on doing to fix this. My old phone did much better than that. Maybe I got a bed phone so I take it back to T-Mobile they give me a new one. Same thing. Tops out at 120 megabits per second. I'm thoroughly pissed I thought Galaxy was supposed to have a superior product.

Yep; that's correct,Note 10 Wi-Fi problems. Now you would think Galaxy would want to be superior. But no... they took a step back instead of progressing they digressed . With the recent note 10 flagship. Myself and other customers like me have all started to realize that their Wi-Fi sucks on this device. When asked to comment from Galaxy. We got no response. Tested on both gigabit equipment 10 100 equipment from cable modem to fiber optics all tests were the same . the throughoutput on these things absolutely suck. My lower end cellphones do a lot better. Now the question is Galaxy what are you going to do about this? did I really just spend $900 on a piece of crap. You took a step backwards in technology and for what reason?

Wifi speed on mine is fabulous. You'll notice I have it on airplane mode so there is no thruput from the cell network. This test is strictly wifi. Sounds like you may have a board problem.

48778009793_d6eed87632_z.jpg

P.S. Forgot to mention my entire home is connected via wifi so all the components take up some bandwidth. No issue with speed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
So I recently got my note 10 . funny it didn't come with an SD card slot . Oh how quirky. Well ok . I can deal with out that Especially considering how much I paid for it. but that's not my biggest problem. since there's plenty of memory in here . Ok moving on .My biggest issue. Slow Wi-Fi speeds.no at first I was contributing this to my router except for all my other devices seemed to work just fine and typically does see the 300 megabits a sec down I have slated from my internet service provider. ... So I'm thinking well can't be my hardware . so it must be my phone . but just to be safe, And therefore not jump to any conclusions. I took it over my buddies house, who has gigabit speeds. Through fiber-optic. And a fiber optic router connected as well through fiber optics. Yeah I know we're all jealous. Right . Bastard. We checked on several laptops.yap that works. And several other devices. All we're receiving at least 600 to 900Mbs all but my note 10.....
It tops out at 120mbs what is a Galaxy plan on doing to fix this. My old phone did much better than that. Maybe I got a bed phone so I take it back to T-Mobile they give me a new one. Same thing. Tops out at 120 megabits per second. I'm thoroughly pissed I thought Galaxy was supposed to have a superior product.

Yep; that's correct,Note 10 Wi-Fi problems. Now you would think Galaxy would want to be superior. But no... they took a step back instead of progressing they digressed . With the recent note 10 flagship. Myself and other customers like me have all started to realize that their Wi-Fi sucks on this device. When asked to comment from Galaxy. We got no response. Tested on both gigabit equipment 10 100 equipment from cable modem to fiber optics all tests were the same . the throughoutput on these things absolutely suck. My lower end cellphones do a lot better. Now the question is Galaxy what are you going to do about this? did I really just spend $900 on a piece of crap. You took a step backwards in technology and for what reason?
I think this is dependant on the channel the your note 10 has connected to most devices connects to Channel 11 based on what is has gathered from your router, however, if not this maybe a hardware limitation or hardware issue...I have a note 10+ and it does have a SD card but your paying for a lower end version of the Note 10

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones