• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My droid pro is so slow after the recent update (couple months ago now) i am almost ready to throw it out of my window onto the street and run it over numerous times. Everything and I mean everything about this phone is laggy plus the keys take forever to light up when its dark. Trying to type in the dark is a real treat. Battery only lasts a few hours so I ordered a new one off of amazon but im doubting its a battery problem, but an OS problem more than likely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed the same thing right after I received my GB update. Over time it seems to have gotten better, and here's my observation. I noticed right after the update that the CPU was operating at a much higher level than it was before, and it seemed to be multiple apps that were consuming an inordinate amount of CPU compared to before the update.

I wasn't sure what to do, but then started to notice a strange phenomena. Apps that updated after the GB update seemed to run smoother, and definitely consumed far less CPU. I continued to monitor CPU through task manager and found several apps that even after their latest updates seemed to not handle operating under GB very well. I either deleted those apps, or found alternatives that worked better.

The net result is that my battery life is now back to pre-update levels. I do still experience some sluggish operation, which is quite frustrating, but it doesn't sound as bad as what you are experiencing.

I'm not a phone guru, but do tend to notice when things change, and have an insatiable curiosity to figure out why. That's my experience. Hope you find it helpful!

BTW, I used to have an app that showed me graphically my battery level. I loved having that feature, but that was one of my worst offending apps after the GB update. I tried others to no avail. When I completely removed any apps that monitored battery level, my performance improved almost back to pre-GB levels.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not a phone guru, but I do tend to notice correlations even if I never figure out the causality.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones