• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small donation for 2.0

kam187

Android Expert
Aug 3, 2009
UK
So guys, this is just a feeler for how everyone would feel about this.

Drakaz is working on 2.0 and doesnt want to take donations for it, because quite understandably he would then feel comitted to completing the work.

However he needs a galaxy to test what he's done.

I'm prepared to sell him mine cheap, but I really really need the cash so I cant give it away.

Do you guys think we could raise 200 EUR's between us to fund a galaxy for him? l cover the 40 EUR DHL shipping to france.

And just to be clear, this is me asking, not him. But I said if we can raise it i'm shipping him mine regardless of what he says. He has no choice :p

DONATE HERE:
http://galaxy.chipin.com/a-galaxy-for-drakaz

You can see a progress bar for how far we are. So its fair for everyone to see when we got to the target.

EDIT: I've decided to aim for 200 EUR in stead of the original 150. I'll cover any shortfall and DHL to france. So he's gonna get the galaxy regardless. Just dont let me down now :p

11% done. Come on people!

If you dont reach the target i cover the difference!

If this all goes horibly wrong i'll refund everyone.

Controversial, huh ) So I guess you expect small difference with the target )

Either way, I don't think you should actually be taking part in donations, kam187. You're not interested in development of Galaxy 'cause you're selling it )

I suggest you also add the link to your signature, along (or instead?) the sale ad.

Upvote 0
Nah horribly wrong = drakaz decides to stop, doesnt want the galaxy, or buys one already.

I dont really care what the difference is. I told him i'll ship it tommorow, but he insists i wait a few days to make sure i dont get 0!

Naruvam: its all done through paypal. which sucks for alot of countries :(

Upvote 0
Thanks Kam for this chipin. But i repeat, i will never owe anything to anyone, and you can expect anything from me.

If you donate for this chipin, you donate for thanks me for Galaxo and recovery, not for 2.0 or 2.1.

For sure, IF i have time, motivation, girlfriend comprehensive, and another Galaxy, i will try to rebuild a 2.0 or 2.1 for galaxy. But i promise nothing.

You are warned and you give in every state of consciousness.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kam for this chipin. But i repeat, i will never owe anything to anyone, and you can expect anything from me.

And that's exactly why it's called a donation. It's not a paycheck.

For sure, IF i have time, motivation, girlfriend comprehensive, and another Galaxy, i will try to rebuild a 2.0 or 2.1 for galaxy. But i promise nothing.

It's clear you cannot make any guarantees.

But of all this things, I'm sure that motivation is the one you have plenty of, and I know it's not for the money, because if it were you wouldn't even bother to build Galaxo. ;)

Please don't feel pressured, drakaz. If 2.0 doesn't work out, consider this donation (I can only speak for myself, but I believe the other participants will feel the same) as a thank you for the work you've done so far, just like you said.

Upvote 0
So we've joined teams with the french guys (fandroid). There's now a project page

http://dev.sfhost.net/projects/show/i7500

And an svn. They've only just been created so its all empty at the moment.

We've also merged channels on irc (irc.freenode.com #i7500). Finally a co-ordinated effort :)

PLEASE join us if you want to help, hang around, keep us company, or would like to help us in developing and want SVN access.

Upvote 0
Donated, not only for the slightest chance of getting android 2.0, but mainly as a thank you for drakaz ,kam187, Rastaman and this whole forum, for the help to everyone - they've helped a lot for me, and lots of other people.

thanks guys!

Agreed, no obligations Drakaz and others. Donations are a thank you for all the work that's been done by the community, if nothing else comes from it, fair enough. The information and help here are worth more than I have donated.
I'd rather donate to the community than give Samsung any more of my money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones