• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

smart actions/triggers

smfoley1

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
back when I had my motorola razr there was an app called smart actions. the app is still in the app store but it only works with motorola phones. It would let you set up actions based on one or more triggers. For instance I had a profile set up that if I was at home it would silence the phone and not vibrate (action) based on the following triggers all being true (connected to my home wifi, between 930pm and 630am, Sunday thru friday, and phone charging) so there were 4 triggers that all needed to take place before the action (silence) would occur. I have yet to find another app that can do this. everyone I have come across only allows for one trigger which is useless. Does anyone know of an app that can do the above?

MacroDroid is what you are looking for.

Fairly easy to use, just need to study what triggers are available, the actions that can be implemented, the Constraints that "might" come into play.
ie, Trigger has occurred, The desired action is about to take place, BUT, a certain circumstance is present that might make you wish the macro did not complete.... ergo, the macro is canceled because of the Constraint.

Personally, I have not yet needed to use the Constraints for my needs.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones