SMS deletion...

Last Updated:

1. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right - I've seen a few threads around here about difficulty deleting large sms threads. There have been the option of apps which delete them all.

Thing is - I don't quite want that. I've got a 800+ long thread, and want to keep some - but going through and locking the ones I want to keep one by one is taking ages (especially as it scrolls down to bottom after each one). Is there a way to mark several at once - so I can mark the ones I want to lock in one go? Or mark the ones I want to delete in one go?

Advertisement
  2. Scary

Scary Well-Known Member

Could you do it by going into the messages settings and selecting 'Delete old messages' and then set the 'text message limit' as you require

3. Moogle

Not really - because I might want 3 messages of a conversation 2 months ago, but to delete most of them sent then, then save a couple a day after that and so on.

I just want to mark them as I scroll down, dammit! :(

4. Moogle

Anyone got any more ideas?

5. romualdo

romualdo Member

I had problem with duplicate SMS (after updating), and I found "Quick SMS Delete" application, it works great, you can mark multiple messages from a thread (or whole threads) to delete, and it doesn't scroll to the end after deleting :)

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

In Handcent you can select Batch Mode, select the ones you want and then delete only those ones.