• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS GPS Enabler

Hello Geeksters,

Can't find any info in search so I will have to bother you with my question:

Verizon LG Revolution, VS9104G, Running factory intact IOS Android v. 2.2.2. (btw, is this the latest build?) Trying to run an sms GPS/wifi enabler without having to jailbreak or root. Or any remote access enabler will do. I am also running "Lookout". It is only accurate with GPS on; but as you know, standalone GPS is a battery killer.

What would I do without you guys???!

Thanks,
Becca!

Reactions: zaranur
If Lookout isn't smart enough to turn on GPS when it needs it, then I'd start looking for a replacement for Lookout. I'm using Cerberus, but it may not have all the features you're looking for.

With a little research I found that "Lookout" says that just because standalone GPS is enabled doesn't mean it is running. They say they only run it when you request the app to run. Guess I need to do some battery usage studies! [smile]

Thanks for the help there Unc! I looked at the Cerberus app you recommended. I like a lot of its features. No reason I couldn't install both apps and use the features I want is there? I think the 2 together would be the "deluxe" package!

"Ice Cream Sandwhich"...WTF??!!! I gotta go start another thread...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones