• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS issue (part of 1 sms into new sms)

ritzzz

Lurker
Jan 25, 2011
Hi guys, sorry if this isn't explained very clearly but it's puzzling me and I can't seem to find any information about others with the same issue. Firstly, some background info.

My Device: Stock Nexus One with 2.2.1
Messaging applications used/had issues with: Handcent/Stock/GoSMS
Issue has occurred with just 1 other user (standard non smart phone - nokia).
Other user has not had reports of this issue with anyone else.

The problem: I have (admittedly only about 5 times in thousands of text messages sent) received a text message which seems fine but at the end of the text, it contains some words from a previous text message that the sender sent me.

Todays example. The sender sent me a text message a couple of months ago that said something like, "xxxxxxxxxxxxx there were heaps left over" which was fine.

Today the sender sent me another text message that had the full content that the sender sent "Hey gmorning, have a great day at work" - this is what shows up in the users sent folder. However, this is what I received on my Nexus "Hey gmorning, have a great day at workthere were heaps left over"

It seems really weird and I can't figure out what it could be. Any help/ideas? Thanks.

its the other persons phone. My friend uses some sort of pay as you go tracphone and whenever he texts me it always does that. However it only does that when he texts me so its just the way his phone handles text.

Not everyone owns a smartphone. I've also noticed that this problem occurs when people text me who have older phones like from 01. I'm from Vermont where I wouldn't be surprised to see some people still using startacs :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones