• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS messages not being sent..

I can't remember where I found this out but, when you try to send the message and it says "Could not send", do this:

1. Go into SETTINGS> WIRELESS & NETWORKS> MOBILE NETWORKS and change the network mode to GSM
2. Wait for your signal to drop completely and then come back again
3. Then change it back to GSM / WCDMA preferred, and then try to send the message, it *should* send.

Bit of a palava but installing an app that takes you straight to the Net Mode settings dulls the pain a bit. I have Thomas Heinzelmann's Netswidget on my desktop.

Try that and see how you get on.

Upvote 0
I can't remember where I found this out but, when you try to send the message and it says "Could not send", do this:

1. Go into SETTINGS> WIRELESS & NETWORKS> MOBILE NETWORKS and change the network mode to GSM
2. Wait for your signal to drop completely and then come back again
3. Then change it back to GSM / WCDMA preferred, and then try to send the message, it *should* send.

Bit of a palava but installing an app that takes you straight to the Net Mode settings dulls the pain a bit. I have Thomas Heinzelmann's Netswidget on my desktop.

Try that and see how you get on.

Well, I tried your theory, but no joy, still will not send more then 1 msg of content. Anything over that limit, and it errors out with, "Could Not Send". I am using the default SMS program. I will try one from the market and see if that helps. This is quite a pain in the arse! :mad:

Anyone else have any ideas on a fix for this problem? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I constantly get this with my x10 even when theres a full signal sms hardly ever sends when bigger than a few lines, and i dont very often get a good 3g connection its as if the x10 with 2.1, uses 3g to send sms is this the case? ive never had this issue with any other phone ive always sent sms even when no bars apear at all (old phone was x1 on same vodafone network livin at same address)??

any1 solvded this yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones