• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS messaging and numbers

paddydog

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
I've used the default messages app, Handscent and another and all 3 have the same problem: when you add recipents from you contacts list it presents you with all the numbers you have for them - mobile, work, home, etc.

I realise it may be possible to send an SMS to a PSTN landline in some circumstances but 99.9% if the time I would only want to see the relevant mobile number come up in the list (especially after a few beers when my hand-eye coordination and reasoning capabilities might be impaired!).

Is there any workaround for this or an SMS app that copes with this?

BTW - hello, I'm new and have had my Desire for about 3 days...

I am not sure if this is the same thing you are asking but I think my problem is similar. For every new number I add, there is a sms link entry addes as well no matter what type of number i specify. I have many contact numbers that I do not sms too, ex. landline, customer service numbers etc. and it just clutters my phone. Is there a work around for this? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones