SMS messaging and numbers

Last Updated:

1. paddydog

paddydog Member This Topic's Starter

I've used the default messages app, Handscent and another and all 3 have the same problem: when you add recipents from you contacts list it presents you with all the numbers you have for them - mobile, work, home, etc.

I realise it may be possible to send an SMS to a PSTN landline in some circumstances but 99.9% if the time I would only want to see the relevant mobile number come up in the list (especially after a few beers when my hand-eye coordination and reasoning capabilities might be impaired!).

Is there any workaround for this or an SMS app that copes with this?

BTW - hello, I'm new and have had my Desire for about 3 days...

Advertisement
  2. paddydog

Anyone?

3. o80sgeek

o80sgeek New Member

I am not sure if this is the same thing you are asking but I think my problem is similar. For every new number I add, there is a sms link entry addes as well no matter what type of number i specify. I have many contact numbers that I do not sms too, ex. landline, customer service numbers etc. and it just clutters my phone. Is there a work around for this? :confused:

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

In handcent, it's under the settings somewhere. Untick all but mobile.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I use ChompSMS and there's an option in Settings that let's you "Show only Mobile Contacts", where only contacts with a mobile number stored are shown in the list when you add a recipient to a new text/MMS.

There's no similar option in the default HTC messaging app.

6. paddydog

I installed Handcent and found this - solved my problem. Could be improved, but it will do for now.