• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Problem

I'm posting this on behalf of my mother (she isn't very tech savvy), but she seems to be having problem with her Apollo. When she wants to send an SMS message, she'll be limited to a certain amount of characters before it automatically changes to MMS, even though there is only about 3 pages full. I have a samsung tocco lite, and my phone can send a 15 page (1005 characters) SMS message without a problem and it doesn't even switch to MMS. Not only is this a problem, but it's costing her as well, and it's not very handy when she has free & unlimited SMS text messages. Is there a way to stop the phone from changing from SMS to MMS? She's getting angry with it, if she can't fix it soon. (Not something I wish to be on the receiving end of, believe me >.<)

I had a look at mine last night so I could maybe help you with this, and mine said 77 or it might have been 79 charectors and it was 3 txts.

Completely forgot that I was supposeed to be looking at when it changed from txt to multi media.

I'll have another look when it changes over again later, but mine does take a lot of charectors before it changes.....and obviously 3 txts length in one or more.

I wonder if it would be worth showing your Mum how the mail works and setting her an account up that she could use so she could mail instead of txt.....cos us ladies do like to chatter on a lot...:)

Ang x

Upvote 0
did anyone ever find a workaround for this (ridiculous) behaviour?

i send multi-part texts several times a day and it'll end up costing much more with mms being sent each time instead

(it looks like i'll be finding another phone as this is another in a list of complaints with this phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones