• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Go to 'new message',you will get the bar at the top above the key board.Start to type in the name of your first recipient and it will drop down choices of names.Click on the name you want,then on the same bar click on the + sign on the right and you will be taken to your contacts list,you then tick any additional name you want to add.Hope that makes sense:D

Upvote 0
@ayrshire dude - are you unlocked to Vodafone by any chance? I had this problem initially with Handcent...but after retrying the message a few times it sent and I've never had the problem since, so if you are on Vodafone it might just be the way Handcent 'tags' the message or something the first time it tries to send to a group...keep plugging away and it tends to go.

hope that helps too...

Upvote 0
Try the same message using the stock messaging app isntead of Handcent. This is one of the things that made me uninstall it in the end. Too many messages, even to single recipients came up with the red cross for no apparent logical reason.

I'm not bashing Handcent for the sake of it, but this is an annoyance that doesn't happen with the standard app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones