SMS Problems

Last Updated:

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Handcent for my sms at the moment and generally find it ok. However I seem to be unable to send a message to multiple recipient. It just sits there and eventually a red cross comes up. Any ideas how to get around this?

Advertisement
  2. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member

Go to 'new message',you will get the bar at the top above the key board.Start to type in the name of your first recipient and it will drop down choices of names.Click on the name you want,then on the same bar click on the + sign on the right and you will be taken to your contacts list,you then tick any additional name you want to add.Hope that makes sense:D

3. Donnelly

Donnelly Member

@ayrshire dude - are you unlocked to Vodafone by any chance? I had this problem initially with Handcent...but after retrying the message a few times it sent and I've never had the problem since, so if you are on Vodafone it might just be the way Handcent 'tags' the message or something the first time it tries to send to a group...keep plugging away and it tends to go.

hope that helps too...

4. ayrshiredude

I understand how to add multiple people to a sms message its when I send it that it won't send. There is a small green circle that keeps spinning then eventually goes to a red cross,

I am on a T-Mobile G2 Touch not Vodaphone.

Thanks

5. ayrshiredude

can anyone help?

6. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member

How many people are you trying to send too at once???,Maybe try to reduce the amount and do it in 2 or 3 batches and see if that works.

7. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Try the same message using the stock messaging app isntead of Handcent. This is one of the things that made me uninstall it in the end. Too many messages, even to single recipients came up with the red cross for no apparent logical reason.

I'm not bashing Handcent for the sake of it, but this is an annoyance that doesn't happen with the standard app.