1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SMS text notification sound not working after ICS updateSupport

1. Skip01

Skip01 New Member

So just updated to ICS 4.0.3 this morning and ever since my Text message notification sounds only do 1-2 than dont make any noise until i reset than itll do it for 1-2 msgs and stop.

Doesnt even vibrate if i set ringtones off.

Anyone had this problem?

Really annoying

Advertisement
    :
    Halofromsue likes this.
  2. wolfyboy359

wolfyboy359 Well-Known Member

do you have the international version of the sg2?
  3. Skip01

Skip01 New Member

No i have US i777

But i have since rooted and flashed....so dont really need this anymore

Thanks though
  4. gianmarco

gianmarco Active Member

prior to rooting, how did u get ICS on it?
    j510 likes this.
  5. j510

j510 Well-Known Member

Did you get an official OTA update ?
  6. Skip01

Skip01 New Member

Maybe that was it......i downloaded a odin .exe for ics and thought that was official :(

Maybe not
  7. missjaepettie

missjaepettie New Member

I updated my phone to ICS when the alert popped up on my phone yesterday and since then...I've been MISERABLE! The latest of issues my phone is now having is that there is no sound in messenger and Ive even turned the phone off and on, raised the volume...I use my phone for business and all of this is unacceptable. Does anyone know if I can just take off ICS and go back to Gingerbread without damaging my phone? I was told I can take it into Sprint and they can reverse it but not so sure.
  8. Grobar

Grobar Member

Call Sprint and ask...I know AT&T cannot do it.
  9. Halofromsue

Halofromsue Active Member

YUP...thats just ONE of the problems I now encounter after upgrading to the ICS.
  10. Jeenyus

Jeenyus New Member

I'm late, got my gs2 skyrocket in june and texts only vibrate with tha stock messaging app... I have handcent and it will not vibrate, not in silent mode, or sound and silent... even tha test of tha vibrate patterns does nothing... voxer also doesn't, but every other app and vibrate function work fine... has anyone had this problem, I even reset and updated to 4.0 and that didn't help... are there any solves for this?
  11. jimmylavino

jimmylavino Member

I have the same issue. Notification sounds work for a little while, then stop. I have to reboot to temporarily fix the issue. I am wishing I did not upgrade to ICS...so much for waiting for the official version.:mad:
    dragula2012 likes this.