So......2.1General

Last Updated:

1. skunkonkrunk

skunkonkrunk Active Member This Topic's Starter

How is everyones general reaction towards it so far?

I'm loving the extra speed boost and revamped ui. This new keyboard is a dream to type on, live wallpapers on the screen look awesome too.

Also, is it me or has the 65k colour limitation of 1.6 gone? Everything looks much better on the screen now.

Advertisement
  2. Destroyed

Destroyed Member

Where have you got 2.1 from, i had heard that the Streak was going to get an update to 2.1 so i've been checking the update screen often, but it keeps saying im up to date on 1.6 still =/

3. martinio1

martinio1 Active Member

2.1 was leaked (As in released unofficially by a 3rd party) and (Correct me if I'm wrong) you will void your warranty if you install the unofficial release, but if you don't care about that then fair enough I guess. The 2.1 official release is suppose to come sometime in September from what I have been hearing.

4. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

That's not entirely true. The leaked 2.1 update is the official update from Dell for the O2 released Streaks. Here the in the States we've been using this ROM to update to 2.1 by flashing with the O2 recovery ROM. So the 2.1 ROM that is floating around is official and shouldn't void any warranties by updating to it.

5. rnj79

rnj79 Active Member

I finally got 2.1 on mine and LOVE it!! The keyboard is the best thing about it. The only problems I am having is my device not going to sleep all the way and getting the US Market back without using Market Access.